A request and asking about an expression that says the “Nation (=Country)” in NHK’s news and commentaries
＊This section is stating the five principles of the modern liberal states. Therefore, I make this section ‘Liberalism course for junior high school students, high school students, No17’.
1. Today, I will write in the form of request that one viewer asks about the expression “Nation (=Country)” where announcers and commentators are used in NHK news and commentaries.
2. I had done this request once in a sentence that had written an impression on the NHK’s some program.
3. In Japan, below the Cabinet there are administrative organizations of each Ministries and Offices. Announcers and commentators of NHK would lump together this administrative organizations of the Cabinet, each Ministries and Offices, and would express as the “Nation (=Country)”. Please change this, and if an incident or event is related to the administration, announcers and commentators’ everybody lump together its administrative agencies and don’t express as “Nation (=Country)” but please tell each name to viewers. When we compare by the case of lumping together as the “Nation (=Country)” and by the case of reporting until each Ministries and Offices, those who write news manuscripts and commentators are not allowed to make a false report, so it will take a little time to examine and check each responsible Ministries and Offices. However, if this will be established as the usual form of news coverage and commentary, it will not be a bothering time. And, when NHK’s people provide the news and commentaries relevant to Japanese administrative organizations, if there are internal regulations or customary practices in NHK which let those administrative organizations lump together as “Nation (=Country)”, please change them.
4. When this attitude is established, Japan will change a little and we will become more wise viewers.
5. If adding it, it is not “Nation (Country) = administrative organization”. The nation (=country) is, that is, there are national people, a territory, and a territorial sea, and the state that the nation (= national people) is establishing sovereignty, freedom, and human rights in the territory and territorial sea which we call it a modern nation. The people, the territory, and the territorial waters are strictly present on a reality. Sovereignty, freedom and human rights are also not abstract concepts. It is an actual concept that shows truly the reality of what kind of country it is. Sovereignty is the existence of the national people who are the sovereigns, and is composed of the constitution, the army, the administrative organization, the economic society and its rules which the national people have. Freedom and human rights are also the actual concepts that are composed of the constitution, the army, the administrative organization, the economic society and its rules which the national people have. In the modern time, a nation (country) is thus a nation that has the five real entities of national people, territory and territorial sea, sovereignty, freedom, and human rights. We call this the five principles of the modern nation.
6. However, there are not many nations (= countries) that have these five principles in the world. The People’s Republic of China and North Korea, too, prepare the form of a nation (=country). However, both countries lack freedom and human rights and both countries are also dictatorship nations which controls people and society by those who belong to the dictator and its hierarchy. (Hierarchy: Organization which is divided into each class for dominating, for example: Chinese Communist Party and Korean Labor Party.) In these countries, the relationship between the administrative organization of the country and the party (the ruling party) does not differentiate, and the equation “country = party organization = administrative organization” holds.
In light of this fact, it is possible to ask that the current NHK press stance may be staying at this level of consciousness, or not. Japan must more develop as a member of the world’s liberalism state.
7. As NHK, please be corresponding an above request and asking and I would want to ask for NHK’s sincere consideration to reform the press attitude and consciousness in the future, as a news agency of a liberalism nation.